As I have finally managed to install the Preview version of Office 2013, I have a few things to report:
- Office is not implemented as a Metro app, it runs inside the desktop
- PowerView is now part of Excel, works pretty much the same way it does in SharePoint 2010 with Reporting Services 2012. Still requires Silverlight!!!
- TimeLine is added to the PivotTable functionality in addition to the Slicer functionality
- Table relationships – multiple pivot tables now can be related to create a mini-powerpivot model right in Excel
- Combo Chart Type – ability to mash several chart types for different series (bar charts together with a line chart for example)
Please stay tuned for more updates….